15 Metrics About Facebook That Will Guide Your Social Media Marketing To Reach Its Greatest Success In 2022
Every business and digital marketer knows that Facebook is an essential social media channel to have and be actively present on. Since its start in 2004, Facebook has risen to hold great power in the digital space through its status and usage, coming repeatedly on top as the largest social media network in the world by nearly every measurable metric for social media apps.
As the year continues on, it is important to not only utilize this influential platform, but furthermore understand it on a deeper level to make informed decisions on how to produce the best results within the giant social media network. By staying up to date on statistics specific to Facebook, your business can in turn use these metrics to its greatest advantage by implementing concepts into your digital strategy for this specific social media channel. Being intentional in your social media marketing through understanding current Facebook metrics and statistics gives your business the opportunity to explore the success of the platform’s various features and consumer patterns.
We have gathered the top and most updated Facebook social media statistics that every business on Facebook, or someone thinking of getting started on the social network, should know about and utilize to their greatest advantage.
Facebook Is The Biggest And Most Influential Digital Space
- Facebook is the most popular and utilized social media platform in the world.
- There are now almost 3 billion monthly active users.
- 80% of users on Facebook are active on a daily basis.
- Over 98% of users access the social networking channel through mobile devices, with 88% of them solely accessing Facebook through that device.
- People overall spend an average of 33 minutes a day on Facebook, and mobile users spend 57 minutes on average.
Unique Features Built Into Facebook - Stories, Messenger, and Groups
- Almost 2 billion people now currently are in Facebook Groups. As a business, this feature is a great way to connect and build relationships with consumers through a method of communication that they want to utilize.
- 60% of people say that stories make them feel like they are a part of a community.
- 50% of consumers want to discover new products and businesses specifically by clicking through stories on Facebook.
- Users are over 50% more likely to buy from a business that uses live chat. Facebook has a Messenger, which is the platform’s version of live chatting. This feature can be used within the network itself, or even used to chat with consumers on Messenger through its own separate app, which is still connected to your business’ Facebook page.
A Social Network Tailored To Best Suit Both Businesses and Consumers
- 93% of businesses are presently active and posting to their audiences on Facebook.
- 78% of people use Facebook as a consumer for new product discovery.
- 62% of users have said that they are more interested in a product or service after seeing it on a Facebook video that a business posted on their page.
- Promotions through video content are just as or even more crucial to implement into your business’ page than static photos, as video content produces the highest rate of engagement on Facebook.
- Facebook’s watch time on video content is around 10 seconds. Although 3 seconds counts as a view on the platform, this average is enough time for the viewer to understand and digest content. It is important to keep this statistic in mind when creating video content for your target audience and aiming to catch their attention.
- The average organic reach of a Facebook page post is 5.2%, which has slowly decreased from 7.7% in 2018. This statistic may be disappointing to see as a business trying to gain more traction and organic leads on Facebook, it serves as a further reminder to generate quality and diverse content on your page.
Despite the fact that these types of statistics and trends are always subject to change, it is crucial to understand how the network’s function and its capacity in terms of the success you can consequently produce for your business. Information such as statistics on specific social media platforms should be a guide in construction and adapting your marketing strategy to build a solid foundation for greater discoverability, engagement, and connections with consumers on your page. Perfect your business’ marketing strategy and crush your social media goals for the rest of this year by leveraging the power of these statistics to your greatest advantage on Facebook.
To learn more about how to adapt your social media marketing strategy and utilize these statistics as a guide to produce the greatest results, click here to schedule a personalized one-on-one demo with our team.